A small sample of the work we have done recently and are currently engaged in is as follows:
- Advised the owners of a luxury vehicle dealership on the tax structuring of the multi-million dollar sale of their business. Successfully acted on the asset sale transaction and then structured a post-sale comprehensive tax and estate plan/reorganization of assets for the retiring owners.
- Currently acting as the head of due diligence for a public company trading on the TSX-V with respect to M&A transactions.
- Designed and implemented a complex tax-efficient structure to acquire a $5 million dollar farm business in Ontario to facilitate and multiply the future use of the $1 million capital gains exemption for the sale of “qualified farm and fishing property”.
- Currently handling two separate $1 million-plus CRA tax assessments.
- Advised investors with respect to the acquisition of a $4 million commercial property in Ontario.
- Represented a group of pharmacies in the Greater Toronto Area with respect to transactions introducing partners into the pharmacies.
- Reorganized the intellectual property holdings of related companies on a tax-deferred rollover basis.
- Acted for the purchaser on the acquisition of the assets of a popular franchised coffee chain location in downtown Toronto.